[QGIS-Developer] Please help with the visual changelog for 3.0

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Sat Feb 3 15:23:25 PST 2018

Hi QGIS developers and enthusiasts

QGIS 3.0 is planned for release in 19 days (barring release blockers) and we have so many new features in this release. I would really appreciate it if you could take a minute or two to take a couple of your favourite new features from the 2.99 nightly build and submit a changelog  entry for them here:

http://changelog.qgis.org/en/qgis/version/3.0.0/ <http://changelog.qgis.org/en/qgis/version/3.0.0/>

Try to include an image or short animated GIF that highlights the feature. For more complex features, you can also reference a YouTube movie of a screencast or walkthrough of the new feature if needed.

If you are a country user group representative, perhaps you could be so kind as to ask members in your user group to volunteer in writing about new features at the above page too.

In the process of testing new features, you may uncover bugs - please be so kind as to first search for an existing issue relating to the bug and update it, or file a new issue if needed. You can do that here:

http://hub.qgis.org <http://hub.qgis.org/>

QGIS 3.0 is going to rock, lets tell the world about all the new cool stuff it includes!

Please contact me if you have any queries about the changelog creation process!

Regards

Tim

---

Tim Sutton