[QGIS-Developer] Broken 'randomness' for new layer styles?

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 02:04:06 PST 2018

Hi guys,
having default colors is really nice, great to see some work there. But
aren't we in a feature freeze period.?

I plead for the great "release often" mantra that we tend to forget these
times. 4 months between two releases is fairly short most users can live
without perfect random colors.
3.0 is not the holy grail, we'll have plenty of time for new fun features
in the future.

To be more crude, I see no fun in building a gigantic pile of untested new
features. Please also listen the complaints of the documentation team, but
also of the silent clients who try to build there IT plans on QGIS.

Sorry for that,  I like when it's fun, but this time, I really don't get
what makes it critical to do this now, and not within a months in 3.1
branch.

Regards
Régis