[QGIS-Developer] Keeping OTB algorithm in qgis processing

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Tue Feb 6 15:13:47 PST 2018

Hi Paolo,

pcav wrote
> Il 05/02/2018 22:03, Helmut Kudrnovsky ha scritto:
>> and see here for a follow up in the GRASS community:
>>
>> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Keeping-GRASS-OTB-algorithm-in-qgis-processing-td5352828.html
>> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Re-GRASS-user-Keeping-GRASS-OTB-algorithm-in-qgis-processing-td5352836.html
>
> Thank you Helmut. Following our PSC meeting, I'll start an open
> discussion with all parties involved. Looking forward for your input.
> I assumed GRASS-dev was the list to contact, but you sent it on
> GRASS-users, any special reason for this?
> All the best.
> --
> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
> https://www.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=IT&q=qgis,arcgis

I sent it to GRASS users as it seems to me to be more a community issue than
a dev issue.

Thinking about/hearing to your user base helps you to improve decisions on
the dev side.

see

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2018#ImproveGRASSintegrationinQGIS3

as a starting point to a possible closer OSGeo inter-project communication
and collaboration.

Being an OSGeo GSoC/GCI admin now for some time, such opportunities or
similar to improve inter-project collaboration seem to be really under-used
at the moment.

I'll start a new thread about the GSoC idea to attract new interested
people.

-----
best regards
Helmut