[QGIS-Developer] Rule based renderer question

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 05:55:35 PST 2018

Hi all,

simple question for the refining the rule-based renderer.

Suppose you have an admin layer (all word countries) and you categorized
it depending on the continent belonging (e.g. 5 categories - 5 colors).

Switch to the rule-based rendered and refine the rule (only for the
continent e.g. Africa) by adding sub-categories to style each African
country with other random colors.

When choosing the category column in the sub-rendered, it filters for
**all** world countries and not for just the African ones.

The same happens when adding an interval for the rule (so min and max
values are calculated considering the values of the whole layer).

I don't know if this behavior is intended, but I was expecting to have
listed just the sub-categories of the main one.

But maybe I'm missing something, so I'm just asking :)

Thanks for any feedback

Cheers

Matteo