[QGIS-Developer] External providers in QGIS

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Feb 8 00:04:19 PST 2018

Hi all,
I disagree heartily: without GRASS and SAGA QGIS is currently unsuitable
for serious, comprehensive GIS analysis work. Full stop.
Missing one specific alg, even if not used daily, means having to switch
to other software.
We have already removed R provider: even if used by a tiny minority, and
certainly not perfect, the previous situation was better than the
current one, without the option of using R from QGIS.
I think we have to be extra cautious on this ground.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu