[QGIS-Developer] [Server] Is QGIS Server 3 fast yet ? the 2018-02-06

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 08:12:04 PST 2018

Hi René Luc,
thanks a lot for starting that analysis!

Do you plan to be in Madeira? Elaborating a complete test suite together
would be perfectly fitted for that task .

Some questions:

- Trust option is only there to not query datasource when this one has no
metadata for PK and extent. So it should only make sense to compare the
first getcapabilities or project load with and without trust option. Other
following requests should not have any impact, so we need to make sure the
platform is not measuring something else in the differences you note. So I
don't see what you mean by "completing" the trust option. Can you be more
explicit ?

- Is the test  platform requesting wms layer groups, and did you test the
multithread rendering? How many cores? How many cores really available when
testing?

I think we should first elaborate a common reference test suite and couple
a system monitoring at the same time to be sure we don't have external
noise in the tests, and find system bottlenecks. Then only we can consider
some conclusions over development priorities I think.

Many thanks !

Régis