[QGIS-Developer] [server] Status and Roadmap

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 08:20:25 PST 2018

>  * One blocker for WFS was the performance of spatial filter, in 2.x, they
> were not forwarded to the database when possible, and implied reading the
> whole layer in memory before doing the spatial query on the QGIS side.
> Anyone knows if it's still the case?
>

> No changes here. You just have to specify a QGIS2.ini or QGIS3.ini to
> speficy this.
> René-Luc,

I probably missed something. Are you refering to the taking advantage of
the setting "Evaluate expressions on QGIS side when possible" ?

> Good points. OGC certification is certainly important and would help us
> market QGIS server to potential users. On the other hand - for me
> personally - improving performance to bring it at least back to the same
> level like version 2 (if not better) is of much higher priority.
>
> Thanks for having a look at how certification may work.
>
> Let's talk about it in Madeira.

Yep, I agree on the priorities too, we are in an estimating stage for
Orange. I bet the thread anbout performance can push this one upper on the
todo list :)
Let's sprint that in Madeira.

Cheers
Régis