[QGIS-Developer] Processing Help system

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 04:01:27 PST 2018

Hi,

Maybe we can also fix this issue on the application side: in docs, we try
to give the section title the same name as the alg ie the way it's shown to
user (eg "hypsometric curves"). What Sphinx does is to concatenate it with
hyphen when building the url. How about doing this concatenation in helpUrl
function? this way, link from QGIS will already be
"helpId/groupID/algnameconcatenatedbyhyphen" --> same thing as generated by
docs!
In other words, in

 algHelp = QgsHelp::helpUrl( QStringLiteral( "processing_algs/%1/%2.html#%3"
).arg( mAlgorithm->provider()->helpId(), mAlgorithm->groupId(), mAlgorithm->
name() ) );

replace the mAlgorithm->name() by something that replaces each space
between the words in name() by  a hyphen?

 algHelp = QgsHelp::helpUrl( QStringLiteral( "processing_algs/%1/%2.html#%3"
).arg( mAlgorithm->provider()->helpId(), mAlgorithm->groupId(), mAlgorithm->
name().replace (' ', '-') ) );

Does that sound correct?

my 2cts,
Harrissou