[QGIS-Developer] Processing Help system

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Feb 9 06:08:23 PST 2018

On 09-02-18 02:32, Nyall Dawson wrote:

> PR at https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/6298
>
> Feedback on this approach is welcome, but I think fixing in the code
> is correct vs fixing via redirects.

Hi Nyall,

THANKS! Working :-)

One thing which I would like to ask:

Would it be possible to write, the url which is searched for, to the
MessageLog/Log Message Panel (in a tab named 'QGIS Help') or so?

So (even a normal user) can when he/she sees a 'Oops no help' can check
if the actual url looked for is a valid one or not.

Somewhere like here:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/gui/qgshelp.cpp#L75

We have a lot of different Oopsies possible to find out and/or fixed:
- redirects
- wrong group ids
- wrong names
- not picked up settings (
https://issues.qgis.org/issues/17670)
- local vs remote help (to be implemented
- wrong Documentation paths setting (or one of the vars in it)

Would be great if that could be checked.
This would FIX issue https://issues.qgis.org/issues/17666 :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde