[QGIS-Developer] Analytics on plugin downloads

Pedro Camargo veigacamargo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 23:17:31 PST 2018

Paolo,
             I do understand the motivation of the no, and I guess there is
a range of what is acceptable in terms of information collection and what
is what, but it is good to know where the QGIS development community stands
on this.

Bernd,

I do have a mailing list. blog and issue tracker on GitHub that allows for
people to reach me, but my intention was only to have insights such as
where my users are, so I can provide examples and data samples that are
more pertinent to them.

I will look into creating a survey to be distributed with the next version
of the plugin (a link in the *about* menu).

Cheers,
Pedro