[QGIS-Developer] v.triangle for QGIS GRASS (TIN interoplation with breaklines)

Alister Hood alister.hood at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 20:16:51 PST 2018

Hi Joh, I don't think anyone replied yet, did they?  I'm not sure that your
message is clear.

Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 16:42:29 +0100 (CET)
> From: Johann Debril <johann.debril at lannion-tregor.com>
> To: qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org
> Subject: [QGIS-Developer] v.triangle for QGIS GRASS (TIN interoplation
>         with    breaklines)
>
> New modul for grass in qgis proposal :

Are you just suggesting this feature (I agree, it seems like it would be
nice to have, particularly in the processing toolbox), or would you propose
to do something to implement it?

> v.triangle
>
> Author : Alexander Muriy
> Interface for Jonathan Richard Shewchuk's Triangle program available on
> http://www.cs.cmu.edu/%7Equake/triangle.html
> Permit TIN interpolation with breaklines

Note that v.triangle itself is not distributed with GRASS and therefore
QGIS, as it has been deemed to be incompatible with the GPL.
The GRASS wiki states that it "is not free for commercial use", but this
appears to be an exaggeration - the homepage says it "may not be sold or
included in commercial products without a license", so commercial use is
OK, just not commercial distribution.

Regards,
Alister