[QGIS-Developer] Sign in options for readmine

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 16:46:34 PST 2018

Hey,

If we don't move off Redmine in the near future (although I do a see a
GitLab/Github move inevitable) what sign in options do we have that we can
implement for our sites?  If we can't move off Redmine it would be nice if
we could make the sign in process for issues.qgis.org and plugins.qgis.org
a more pleasant one.

Is it possible to wire in Gtihub, Facebook, Google, and all those kinds of
providers into the site? If so what kind of work is required for that to
happen.

Forcing users to jump through too many hoops before even getting a login
does a disservice to those we want to keep happy and puts off a lot of new
users.  Looking at our contribution jump for the project is proof that
barrier to entry being low is a good thing.

Regards,
Nathan