[QGIS-Developer] Windows compilation infrastructure

Hugo Mercier hugo.mercier at oslandia.com
Tue Feb 20 03:31:17 PST 2018

Hi Paolo,

On 16/02/2018 17:00, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 16/02/2018 15:54, Hugo Mercier ha scritto:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Following my announcement on the osgeo4w-dev mailing list [1], I would
>> like to let you know that we now have a mirror to the OSGEO4W
>> distribution up and running on:
>>
>> http://osgeo4w-oslandia.com/mirror/
>
> Thanks Hugo, and Oslandia people. PG is a very useful addition to the
> osgeo shell. Just to know: why did you decide to rebuild the
> infrastructure instead of joining forces to strengthen the existing one?
> All the best.

We initially had a request to setup such an infrastructure for a
customer. And we also used it internally to allow the distribution of
binaries, either for some private applications or for some local
branches of QGIS, so that we can exchange with our customer about a
feature before proposing a pull request.

We then thought it could be a good idea to integrate it somehow with the
main distribution.