[QGIS-Developer] Windows compilation infrastructure

Hugo Mercier hugo.mercier at oslandia.com
Tue Feb 20 03:38:41 PST 2018

Hi Tim,

On 17/02/2018 21:25, Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi Hugo
>
> Let me join the others in thanking you for working on this. Are we on a
> trajectory where we can reduce the rather complex setup process down to
> a script or similar that will produce a working compilation environment?
> That would be a really great outcome and help build a critical mass of
> developers who can work on QGIS on windows and debug windows specific
> issues.

Thanks !
Yes this is the idea. We are trying to reduce as much as possible the
manual steps involved in preparing a Windows box for the compilation of
an OSGeo4W distribution.

However it is designed with the idea of having a common environment for
the compilation of all the OSGeo4W packages. So it will setup lots of
things that may or may not be necessary for the compilation of an
isolated package (even if this not a "small" package like QGIS).

Hopefully on a longer term, we will find a way to have different
environment profiles (which seems to be a native concept in Ansible).