[QGIS-Developer] Future of Processing algs Help panel

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 03:36:12 PST 2018

Hi all,

Now that all the algorithms are documented in the User manual I'd like to
raise discussion on the status of the Help panel shown in algorithm dialog.
Depending on the algs (I'm here talking only about QGIS algorithms), we
have different status:
- provides an uptodate help
- provides a outdated description or a not really clear one (at least to
the non native speaker i am)
- no help panel.

I think this panel has to be there. It's a first good overview for the
user, allowing him/her to decide whether this alg could be pertinent or
not. If (s)he needs more details then the Help button for parameters
documentation is there. But it'd be better if it was available for all
algs, with an uptodate description (and it would help users with low
Internet, avoiding check in User manual).

This description is now written and available in Docs repo. What could be
the next step?

Regards,
Harrissou