[QGIS-Developer] Where are value maps / defaults stored on shape file layers?

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Sat Feb 24 03:46:25 PST 2018

Hi Patrick,

You are correct, this data is stored in the project file. If the project
hasn't been saved prior to the crash, this configuration is lost.

There is definitely a good reason to report an issue, because the app
crashed. Please provide as much information as possible that can help as
a lead why this happened (a backtrace of the crash being the most useful
one; and an exact description of at what point and after what actions it
happened being inevitable).

To avoid loss of work, there is an autosaver plugin
(https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/autoSaver/) that regularly saves the
project configuration. I'm not sure it's updated to QGIS 3 yet.

Regards

Matthias