[QGIS-Developer] Status of transaction support in Geopackages

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Feb 26 23:17:54 PST 2018

Hi Régis,

Yes - I mean the "transaction group" support. Meaning that multiple
layers can be edited together. Most important issue for us: ability to
link related tables to newly created features without asking the user to
manually save the parent table first.

This all works for Postgis now, but I think not for Geopackages - right?

Thanks,

Andreas

On 2018-02-26 22:13, Régis Haubourg wrote:

> Hi Andreas, by transaction support, you mean "transaction group" support  ? The one that allows to edit all the layers in one unique transaction and evaluate triggers on the fly?
>
> If not, I'm not sure to understand what is lacking currently for your use case.
>
> Nothing is planned here however.
>
> Regards! Régis

>> Hi,
>>
>> We would like to see transaction support in QGIS 3x for geopackages. We want to hand out geopackages and QGIS project files, for external parties to edit data for us - without the need that the third-party has PostgreSQL installed. The projects all use relations.
>>
>> Before we test ourselves, I thought it might make sense to ask what the status or plans are for transaction support in Geopackages?
>>
>> Should it already be supported? If not - is someone planning to work on it?
>>
>> Thanks for your replies,
>>
>> Andreas

Links:
------