[QGIS-Developer] Changelog for 3.2 now active

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 05:01:08 PST 2018

Hi

I'm also +1 for a more described commit: things have improved this last
year but still some "Unfortunately this naughty coder did not write a
description... :-("

> Just a quick note, I think I will deploy some updates (and some fixes !)
> on the changelog.qgis.org in 1 hour and 30 minutes. So don't edit around
> that time. Thanks

>> Hi, +1 with Richard.
>> I spent some hours polishing the changelog on Sunday and the task is
>> huge, I'll try to continue tonight.
>>
>> Maybe also we should explicit some tips:
>>
>> - Use Markdown syntax for a more readable changelog

markdown or restructuredText? I'd think that plain text is much better...

> - Even is the feature is for developers, try to write something
>> understandable for non developpers

Oh yes, please!!!!!!

> - Link to a more detailed resource (blog post, QEP, detailed PR) instead
>> of writing long entries

 I do not feel that long entries are bad. You do not have to click here and
there to find more information and see the global picture: all is there in
one place. all is then needed is to copy-paste and clean/adapt to the
context.

Thanks to all those involved in changelog writing; it'll be of real help to
the documentation.

Regards,
Harrissou

- Think also to ease the work of translators