[QGIS-Developer] Status of transaction support in Geopackages

Luigi Pirelli luipir at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 02:30:25 PST 2018

I agree about GDLA/OGR, and are the positions already expressed in the Mark's PR

but take into account that:

1) maintainer could be Mark (as for other core plugins e.g.
MetaSearch). I agree that having only a maintainer for a complex core
part can be dangerous for quality of the overall project => agree with
Regis, could be a PSC decision.
2) The code is already there and should overpass some sqlite
limitations not present in spatialite giving professional opportunity
right now (but also reducing the hability to rise funds for a OGR
solution :( )
3) It can be compiled or packaged optionally
4) Marks seems not focusing on work on GDAL/OGR

btw without reviewers it's hard to have any merge
Luigi Pirelli

* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Mastering QGIS 2nd Edition:
* https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/mastering-qgis-second-edition