[QGIS-Developer] Group stats plugin from 2to3

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Feb 28 10:57:53 PST 2018

On 28-02-18 12:31, Sylvain POULAIN wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to migrate from plugins in Qgis 2 to Qgis 3.
> I took the usefull group stats plugin as my main example to make transition.
>
> Unfortunatelly, /Plugin home page/ and /tracker/ links for this plugins
> are dead ( http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/GroupStats/ ), my apologies
> if I'm not posting in right place.
>
> So I downloaded plugin and tried to converted it with changing Qt4 to
> Qt5 in py script, using 2to3, rebuilding with pyuic5 and pyrcc5 under
> linux. But now I'm stuck on a QMainWindow error. Where could I have help
> to solve and understand how to solve it ?

Hi Sylvain,

You are posting to the right place :-)

I would first try to contact the original author, either to ask if he is
maybe already busy porting, OR to offer help to him OR to ask him (in
case he lost interest) if you can take over maintainership.
You can find his email address in the metadata.txt

In case you just want to port yourself for fun or quick use: just ask
your questions here, pasting the error messages and preferably pointing
to code which you put online somewhere: github.com, gitlab.com or
https://git.osgeo.org/gitea.

In general I do not think it is wise (anymore) to try to be compatible
in one plugin with both 2.18 and 3.x QGIS.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde