[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-user] QGIS 2.18 SSL Error

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Jan 3 01:22:52 PST 2018

On 03-01-18 09:23, Chris Buckmaster wrote:
> Hi
>
> I just opened QGIS 2.18.13 and noticed I am receiving a Custom
> Certificate Configuration message regarding an SSL Error (see image). I
> haven’t come across this before and am wondering if it is an issue at my
> client / server end, or with the location of the Ubuntu QGIS path as
> shown in the error?

Hi Chris (cc to dev list),

Your QGIS is requesting 'https://ubuntu.qgis.org/version.txt'.
Problem is that ubuntu.qgis.org does not have a valid certificate (yet).

Not sure since when that url is used, but in my view it should be just
'https://qgis.org/version.txt'.
(Well, in my personal opinion, it should not even phone back anyway,
unless people press a button to do this)

Anybody knows how ubuntu.qgis.org ended up in this builds?

Because there was also a question recently about a ubuntu.qgis.org repo,
I just added it as ALT-name to the certificate.

So Chris, it should now 'just work' :-) .
Let me know if not.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde