[QGIS-Developer] Where do we sit with respect to release?

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Sun Jan 7 03:55:46 PST 2018

Hi

> On 07 Jan 2018, at 04:27, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Just looking for some clarification re freeze/release.
>
> My understanding is that the last loomio "extend freeze" vote was
> blocked, and that all the freeze exempted PRs are now merged (I
> consider https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/5913 is a bug fix, not a
> feature).

Yes blocked.

> This would hint that me that we are now in hard freeze, but I'm not
> sure how that relates to the voting occuring in
> https://www.loomio.org/d/38Aiya0q/3-0-soft-freeze-exemptions?utm_campaign=missed_yesterday&utm_medium=email&utm_source=user_mailer
> to grant exemptions to 3 more PRs.

If these PR’s are all ready we should just merge them straight away. If there is pending work still I think they should hold over till 3.2

> Just for clarification, is this a correct summary of the freeze situation?
> - hard freeze is coming

Yes my understanding was that is is now in effect (assuming those 3 get merged today) and that only bug fixes should happen now.

> - those 3 PRs may be merged, if the voting for each passes

Yes - the voting is closed on all and they all passed.

> - after the voting period expires we enter hard freeze regardless

Yes

> And following hard freeze, did we agree to a month of bug fixing
> before release? Or 2 weeks?

I had proposed that we do bug fixing until end Jan 2018. I think there was general agreement to that time frame although we did not make a formal vote.

Regards

Tim

> Nyall

—