[QGIS-Developer] Where do we sit with respect to release?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Jan 8 22:59:25 PST 2018

Hi,

I would prefer Feb 8 over Jan 31. Still quite a few unsolved issues. It
would be nice to have packages ready before the dev meeting in Funchal
(second half of February).

As an example I still get error messages about the authentication
manager not able to open password files or reading/storing information
about passwords. Seems pretty serious to me - we should not ship in such
a state.

Andreas

On 2018-01-09 01:22, Mathieu Pellerin wrote:

> Let that person with authority also lock in the release date.
>
> Very last day of this month, Jan 31? While Feb 8 isn't that far, it'd still be great to deliver our product by the end of this month. Either way we need to settle on a date.

> On Jan 9, 2018 05:27, "Nyall Dawson" <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 7 January 2018 at 21:55, Tim Sutton <tim at kartoza.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Yes - the voting is closed on all and they all passed.
>>>
>>> - after the voting period expires we enter hard freeze regardless
>>>

>> Given that those 3 PRs are merged now, I think we can enter hard
>> freeze safely. Woohoo!
>>
>> Does someone with authority want to lock this in and officially announce?
>>
>> Nyall

Links:
------