[QGIS-Developer] set unspecified precision -1 on double in spatiaLite and org providers

David Signer david at opengis.ch
Tue Jan 9 06:34:02 PST 2018

Hi all

We found different behaviors in qgsorgprovider and qgsspatialiteprovider regarding the field with the type double.
In  `QgsSpatiaLiteProvider::convertField` it's set to -1 when it's 0 : [https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/providers/spatialite/qgsspatialiteprovider.cpp#L82-L88](https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/providers/spatialite/qgsspatialiteprovider.cpp#L82-L88)
That's why I decided to change it in `QgsSpatiaLiteProvider::loadFieldsAbstractInterface` as well. The advantage would be, that we could recognize a field with type double when the precision is not zero.
But when I checked qgsorgprovider, in  `QgsOgrProvider::convertField` the precision is not set (stays what it is) in case of double: [https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/providers/ogr/qgsogrprovider.cpp#L143-L145](https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/providers/ogr/qgsogrprovider.cpp#L143-L145)
I wonder why it's different and I ask you, if you mind, when we just set the precision in any case to -1 when  it's a double value and it's not specified (means 0)?

ThanksĀ
Dave