[QGIS-Developer] QGIS3: reminder of an annoying bug

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Sun Jan 14 08:20:34 PST 2018

Am 14.01.2018, 15:09 Uhr, schrieb Tobias Wendorff
<tobias.wendorff at tu-dortmund.de>:

> Dear developers!
>
> Possible workaround:
> We should check all SRS/CRS, where the parameters overlap. Then we
> should order those "duplicates" by the frequency of use (for exaple
> official projections first, follwed by historical projections).
> Maybe  there's only a handful of projections that are affected.

Sounds as a really good idea (for me). Especially in the processing
toolbox, some algos silently change the CRS, so you have to check the
outcome each and every time, cause you never know when this bug will hit
you. I'm giving a course in some days, and having to teach such a
behaviour in a course feels somehow awkward, leaving a bad taste.

Cheers
Bernd

> Best regards,
> Tobias