[QGIS-Developer] Translation state of master

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Mon Jan 15 10:22:19 PST 2018

Thanks Andreas for raising this problem.

Werner, I'd say it more clearly: since we started using Transifex, the
translations are stuck there, and only rarely they land in qit. Last time it
was in June 2016 in QGIS 2.16, so QGIS 2.18 and 3.0 still contain the 2.16
translations.

I still don't understand why we keep the translations away from QGIS, but what
about pulling them to master asap, so early testers have a chance to find
mistakes?

I believe it's not only Polish problem that Transifex introduced tons of
embarrassing mistakes and disinformations. People are now translating without
seeing the context, so the quality of translation in Transifex is ridiculous
(subjects swapped with predicates and attributes - say 'layer style' with
'style layer', a raster confused with a net etc). I guess we should give it as
long testing period before the release as possible...

Regards,
Borys