[QGIS-Developer] postgis connection to server instead of individual databases?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sat Jan 27 03:36:37 PST 2018

Hi,

I agree that it would be desirable that all available DBs would be
listed. As to services: the pg_service.conf file also contains several
entries, so it would also be possible to list all available service
configurations.

Just a wish: if we go this route, please, please, don't open all DBs at
once. Just list the available DBs, let the user choose one of the
available ones and then open only the DB the user is interested in.
Otherwise it would be a performance issue. We have DBs with serveral
hundred tables, sometimes > 1000. If they would be opened all at once,
it would be really slow.

Andreas