[QGIS-Developer] Web based admin interface for processing models

johnrobot johnrobot at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 01:13:25 PST 2018

Hi
My employer has a growing need for spatial ETL. A few examples of tasks:

- Pull adress data text files from FTP, process, validate and load into
PostGIS. This should be done every night.
- Pull data from a number of sources, process it, zip and and publish to
FTP. Also every night.
- Pull data from internal PostGIS and publish externally. Also every night.
- Using a web map, let users select type of data, area of interest, file
format, SRID and download data upon request.

I would prefer to use a web based interface for managing, scheduling and
running these tasks. Our main tool for spatial ETL is FME, so using FME
Server/Cloud is an obvious option. However, given the steady advances in
Processing models in QGIS, I wonder if this option is a more suitable
alternative in the long run, especially since we use QGIS heavily for
desktop tasks.

Are there any plans on adding this kind of functionality (a web based admin
interface) to QGIS? Is anyone thinking of creating the basis for this in a
suggestion for the next round of the QGIS grant programme?

Best regards,

Magnus

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-Developer-f4099106.html