[QGIS-Developer] Not able to build QGIS with 3D on Ubuntu 16.04

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 00:33:07 PST 2018

Hi all,

I'm writing this mail hoping to help somebody else that experienced the
same problem with Ubuntu 16.04 and the build of QGIS with Qt 5.9

Following the instructions on Martin's website I had to adjust some
small parameter:

1. **after** running ccmake and generating all the files I had to export
the variable

export CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/qt59/lib/cmake/

2. then I could run cmake with all the flags

and finally QGIS has been compiled against Qt 5.9 version and I can use
the 3D ;)

Hope this could help other people

Cheers

Matteo