[QGIS-Developer] QGIS enhancement: export to GeoPDF

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Jul 5 01:19:59 PDT 2018

Hi Nyall,

Thanks for your thoughts.

And how about going through GDAL/OGR and exporting vector layers twice?
One time as raster with styling preserved, and a second time as
invisible vector overlays (e.g. fully transparent but still queryable
(attributes preserved))?

My fear with upstream qt is, that:

 	* qt is not geo-aware, but GeoPDFs need to preserve
georeferencing/coordinate system information. Upstream qt may or may not
accept "geo"-improvements to their PDF support. There is a risk they
deny such improvements.
 	* it may be expensive to implement, if we would have to improve qt
 	* it may be slow to get it into qt

Andreas