[QGIS-Developer] Gentle request: please be careful with 2.18 backports

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Jul 15 23:08:49 PDT 2018

On 07/16/2018 06:52 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Il 16/07/2018 00:20, Nyall Dawson ha scritto:
>
>> (Possibly we should consider switching on github branch protection
>> here, blocking direct commits and requiring a minimum of 2 or 3
>> 'acceptable' reviews from core devs on PRs?)
>
> this proposal makes sense to me - do you think it is realistically
> feasible with our forces?

Agreed with Nyall, commit's should only go into 2.18 if 100% safe and
reviewed by a couple of core devs. If we don't have the forces for it,
we should not port back.

Eg. not being able to add a column to a shapefile (currently in
2.18.21), this is not something you want to have failing in an LTR :-(

I think for an LTR it is better to have 'known' issues, then introduce
unknowns.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde