[QGIS-Developer] Create Grid (Grid.py) Crash and Exception

aam Alan.A.Mick at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 22:08:24 PDT 2018

Hi, I'm attempting to report an exception when using the Create Grid tool in
QGIS 3.2.

I hope I am in the right place - the crash report instructed me to report
the incident to OSgeo.org and after getting register, confirmed and
subscribed, this forum looked like the best place to go.

I used the Create Grid tool several times successfully under QGIS Version:
3.0.3-Girona and then, unexpectedly got the Crash Report provided below. I
decided to upgrade to 3.2-Bonn as a way the "fix" it. Now instead of the
crash, I get an (unknown) exception in the Grid.py  processAlgorithm
function at line 161:

        (sink, dest_id) = self.parameterAsSink(parameters, self.OUTPUT,
context,
                                               fields, outputWkb, crs)

I did some typical "exploritory debugging" by commenting a few lines out,
substituting the 3.0.3 Grid.py in the 3.2 directory, etc. but did not have
any blind luck and did not get anywhere.

Is this the right place to report problems of this sort?

I can help with figuring this out if you want me to run some experiments,
send acual values, put in the printf's (I'm a C programmer, so that's what I
call trace output.)

Any help or advice will be appreciated!

========================================== Crash Report

h2. User Feedback

h2. Report Details

*Crash ID*: b5acf485834e7e490128f19b3459b3efb00589b2

*Stack Trace*
<pre>
QgsMapCanvas::setMapTool :
QgisApp::activateDeactivateLayerRelatedActions :
QgisApp::layerEditStateChanged :
QMetaObject::activate :
QgsVectorLayer::rollBack :
QgisApp::toggleEditing :
QMetaObject::activate :
QAction::activate :
QAbstractButton::click :
QAbstractButton::mouseReleaseEvent :
QToolButton::mouseReleaseEvent :
QWidget::event :
QApplicationPrivate::notify_helper :
QApplication::notify :
QgsApplication::notify :
QCoreApplication::notifyInternal2 :
QApplicationPrivate::sendMouseEvent :
QSizePolicy::QSizePolicy :
QSizePolicy::QSizePolicy :
QApplicationPrivate::notify_helper :
QApplication::notify :
QgsApplication::notify :
QCoreApplication::notifyInternal2 :
QGuiApplicationPrivate::processMouseEvent :
QWindowSystemInterface::sendWindowSystemEvents :
QEventDispatcherWin32::processEvents :
CallWindowProcW :
DispatchMessageW :
QEventDispatcherWin32::processEvents :