[QGIS-Developer] QgsPluginManagerInterface

Jorge Almerio jorgealmerio at yahoo.com.br
Wed Jul 25 09:30:26 PDT 2018

Hi devs,

I need to get the current version (in metadata.txt) of my plugin from python. I saw that there is a Class <https://qgis.org/pyqgis/master/gui/other/QgsPluginManagerInterface.html> to access Metadata, but I did not found any example how to use it.

I tried with the code below without success. Does anyone can help me?

from qgis.gui import QgsPluginManagerInterface

meta = QgsPluginManagerInterface.pluginMetadata('myPluginName')

print(meta)

Thanks is advance!