[QGIS-Developer] QGIS builds

Rudi von Staden rudivs at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 01:34:44 PDT 2018

Hi all,

I'm trying to build qgis from source, but I'm getting a linking error in
`mdalprovider`:

C:\OSGeo4W64\bin\hdf5.dll : fatal error LNK1107: invalid or corrupt file:
cannot read at 0x2F0

I have successfully built qgis before, so any idea why this would be
causing a problem now?

As background, I'm trying to build a particular pull request to help with
testing. The steps I took were:

1. git fetch origin pull/7396/head:rastercalc
2. git checkout rastercalc
3. delete directory build-qgis-test-x86_64 (in QGIS/ms-windows/osgeo4w)
4. run configonly.bat
5. run OSGeo4W-dev.bat (which executes `call
C:\Users\rudi_000\Source\Repos\QGIS\ms-windows\osgeo4w\msvc-env.bat x86_64`)
6. run devenv from command prompt
7. open qgis.sln
8. build

I have tried cleaning and rebuilding mdalprovider, but get the same result.
It could be that just repeating the process described above would resolve
the issue (from point 3.), but since it takes several hours to build (I'm
building on a pretty old laptop) I thought I'd ask in case I'm doing
something wrong in the process.

Thanks,
Rudi