[QGIS-Developer] Dynamic Pie Shape Style

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Jun 15 01:53:46 PDT 2018

On 13-06-18 22:52, C Hamilton wrote:
> I had a request from a user of "Shape Tools" to make the pie shapes
> dynamic in the sense that as you zoom in and out they would visibly
> resize to be remain seen. Since "Shape Tools" creates the pie polygons
> that is not possible.
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to add some type of shape style that
> would render a pie shape from a point layer with the options of
> specifying starting and stopping angles and its relative size.
>
> I don't know if this is possible so I thought I would solicit some ideas
> to see if it worth pursuing.

Hi Calvin,

Does that not mean you could use svg symbols for this?
I know parts of svg is made dynamic, as you can define the color of svg's.
I'm not sure if you can make other parts of an svg dynamic too?
Would be cool to be able to use expressions for example to
color/rotate/size svg symbols?

Another thing I was thinking about: did you explore the geometry
generator stuff?
https://anitagraser.com/2017/04/08/a-guide-to-geometry-generator-symbol-layers/
https://gisforthought.com/storm-harvey-qgis-geometry-generator/

Regards,