[QGIS-Developer] Improve GRASS GIS integration in QGIS 3 - Week 3 Report

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 14:35:28 PDT 2018

On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 at 02:14, Radek Novotný <radeknovotny94 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> This is my report for Week 5 (June 11 - June 17):
>
> What did you get done this week?
>
> Unfortunately, I did not have a lot of time for the project this week, because I have exams at my university.
>
> I improved the library for parsing description files for QGIS Processing plugin. (1)
> Add all 'Controversy decision' in project and summary from hangouts to wiki. (2)
>
> What do you plan on doing next week?
>
> Split GRASS module parameters in Processing plugin to tabs - it should be on GUI Tabs.

Hi Radek,

Can you elaborate more on what your plans are here? This is
potentially a very large change in Processing itself, since Processing
does not currently handle tabbed parameter dialogs.  I'd strongly
recommend to leave this as a follow up action when the rest of the
work is complete, as I'd be concerned that trying to tackle this
alongside the GRASS parsing library will cause a large delay to the
rest of your project.

It's also a change which would need to be discussed via a "QEP" (QGIS
Enhancement Proposal - see
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/issues) first, in
order to ensure that the approach taken here is correct for both code
and UI.

Hope that makes sense! I'd hate to see your great progress slowed by
delays caused by this component of the project.

Nyall