[QGIS-Developer] Looking for my right and my left

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 04:08:14 PDT 2018

Hi Harrissou

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 12:55 PM, DelazJ <delazj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've raised the question [0] but I did get no answer two weeks later so
> making a wider call

Sorry it seems my mail filters failed and I missed your notification...

> Select a polyline layer and toggle it to edit
> Draw a polyline
> Configure the snapping options
> Enable the tracing tool and add a positive value in the offset option box
> Draw a new line following the one previously made
>
> According to all the sources I find (PR, .h file): """ Offset value can be
> either positive (right side) or negative (left side)."""
>
> Is the line being drawn at the right or the left? Right or left of what,
> btw?

It should be left/right when looking from the direction of the
original line. So for example if the original line goes from bottom to
the top, the left/right side should be the same as the map
orientation, but if the line goes from the top to the bottom, then the
left/right side would be reversed...

Cheers
Martin