[QGIS-Developer] Projecta

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Fri Jun 22 02:39:42 PDT 2018

Hi PSC,

We have seen some quite nice improvements in the recent past with the
visual changelog, the certification program and the sponsor map managed
on projecta.

I am not sure if changelog.qgis.org is the only DNS entry we have to
this host, it's at least the one that google delivers as first result here.

This feels a bit weird because

 - I think the finalized changelog goes to qgis.org, but the name
   changelog.qgis.org sounds like that's the authoritative one

 - For sponsors it's more or less the same question, there's a list on
   qgis.org and one on changelog.qgis.org.

 - As far as I know certification is only available on projecta, so at
   least for this it seems to be the main point of access.

I wonder what's the roadmap here, having projecta mostly as management
infrastructure for maintaining sponsorship, feature and certification
databases or if it's also something that should act as a frontend for
users. In the second case, are there any plans to move these to
dedicated subdomains?

And as a sidenote, it would be nice to have SSL enabled on the webservers :)

Thanks
Matthias