[QGIS-Developer] Thoughts on using processing models for ETL tasks

Tom Chadwin tom.chadwin at nnpa.org.uk
Wed Jun 27 03:15:08 PDT 2018

Just some extra thoughts from a colleague on what might be needed to replace
FME with Processing:

"I use the modeler quite a lot and I must admit I find myself typing in the
model canvas expecting to see a list of processing tools come up like they
do in FME sometimes. GUI improvements and customisation for the modeler
would be lovely.

"As for functionality priorities it is probably easier to identify what QGIS
currently cannot do? for example modeler cannot reference PostGIS/database
layers that are not in the project AFAIK, whilst it can reference flat file
sources. That would be essential."

Tom

-----
Buy Pie Spy: Adventures in British pastry 2010-11 on Amazon
--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-Developer-f4099106.html