[QGIS-Developer] About composer export memory usage

Dominique Lyszczarz domlysz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 01:20:08 PST 2018

Hi,

I'm trying to export a layout of 600x600mm at 600dpi (14173x14173 px) on a
Linux 64bits system with 4go of memory and 2go of swap, but I raise a
memory overflow error (bad allocation). The map contains lot of layers, svg
symbols, labels, custom functions... I'm curious of the origin of this
limitation, is it because the entire image must be contained into memory ?
(I thought the picture was written gradually by block) or this is
potentially something else? Is there any workaround hack to bypass this
limitation without just increase the memory capacity of my system? Anyone
else has already encountered this problem on 64bits system?

Thanks in advance for any information.