[QGIS-Developer] Qgis 3.0 plugin dependencies status

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Mar 2 04:28:09 PST 2018

On 02-03-18 13:08, David Marteau wrote:
> Hi
>
> I stumbled on this post: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/A-pipinstall-plugin-is-possible-First-What-s-the-difference-between-the-Osgeo4w-Shell-td5107633.html
>
> What it the status of the problem of plugin dependency  for Qgis3 ?
> Is there anything done so far ?

Nope.

We had a (private) discussion about it during latest hackfest, and Borys
(in bcc) hopes to be able to address this as part of the plugins install
overhaul.

As the discussion (2014?), you are pointing to, mentions pip and virtual
env's: just yesterday I stumbled upon pipenv [0][1]. Not sure if that
could be helpful, but apparently it is  a pip-virtualenv marriage...

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

Ps, maybe good to start a QEP [2] to discuss this?

[0] https://pipenv.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
[1] http://docs.python-guide.org/en/latest/dev/virtualenvs/
[2] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals