[QGIS-Developer] issues in QGIS Server 2,18

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 20:59:25 PST 2018

On 1 March 2018 at 23:26, René-Luc Dhont <rldhont at gmail.com> wrote:

> *) At some point in 2.18 development -in the print composer,
> properties of a legend- the "none" value for the "map" option was
> removed. This option (together with "auto update" unchecked) allowed
> to do GetPrint requests where a legend always shown the same fixed
> entries regardless of the layers being requested. Moreover now the
> layers legend (from a GetPrint) frequently shows "?" instead of the
> correct legend. Not sure if the two things are related.
>

> It will be great to have the possibility to allow nullptr in the map
> combobox.
> Nyall, do you have an idea how to enhance QgsComposerItemComboBox
> introdiuced by
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/1b4bd47076103e931e642c9c2b6a363f14b20a45
> ?
> Issue already exists: https://issues.qgis.org/issues/16899

I wouldn't do it this way -- it was the hidden nature of the original
support for setting no linked map which led to it being broken (also,
no unit tests -- the combination of a non-obvious reuse of an existing
widget + no unit tests is basically asking for something to break).

I'd suggest instead adding an explicit checkbox here for "always show
all layers for server requests" (but better wording!), under a new
"server settings" group. And a unit test ;)

Nyall