[QGIS-Developer] Problems compiling QGIS 3.0: no matching function for call to QgsLayerTreeLayer::connect

Hernán De Angelis dhdeangelis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 01:28:36 PST 2018

Hi

I am trying to build QGIS 3.0 in openSUSE Leap 42.3. I went through all
requirements and as far as I understand I have all the requirements
properly installed.

I nevertheless get this error consistently:

Building CXX object
src/core/CMakeFiles/qgis_core.dir/layertree/qgslayertreelayer.cpp.o
/usr/local/src/qgis-3.0.0/src/core/layertree/qgslayertreelayer.cpp: In
member function ‘void QgsLayerTreeLayer::attachToLayer()’:
/usr/local/src/qgis-3.0.0/src/core/layertree/qgslayertreelayer.cpp:72:94:
error: no matching function for call to
‘QgsLayerTreeLayer::connect(QPointer<QgsMapLayer>&, void
(QgsMapLayer::*)(), QgsLayerTreeLayer* const, void
(QgsLayerTreeLayer::*)())’
   connect( mRef.layer, &QgsMapLayer::nameChanged, this,
&QgsLayerTreeLayer::layerNameChanged );

What could possibly be the source of this? I will be grateful if someone
can help pinpoint the cause.

The code I am trying to build is the latest source package (2018-02-23).

Thanks in advance

H.