[QGIS-Developer] Error during master compilation

Hernán De Angelis dhdeangelis at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 00:31:13 PST 2018

Matteo,

Which OS are you using?

I have similar problems trying to build QGIS 3 in openSUSE Leap 42.3. I
posted a question a few days back about that. I got an answer from Luigi,
saying that the lines of code where the error happened had not changed in
over a year, a hint that QGIS is not the problem.

Puzzled about the repeating error, and having installed and reinstalled all
thinkable dependencies and changed all options, I saw that I could without
problems build QGIS 2.18.17. I then came to the conclusion that the most
likely trouble is caused by misunderstandings in the coexistence between
Python 3 and 2, and QT 4 and 5 in my own OS installation. I mean that I am
not clearly telling the build where to find the libraries, and that I
possibly have a mix of versions in my computer.

I have not yet worked around this, but I am pretty convinced this is a
problem because I have seen these kind of errors in previous versions, in
those cases when I wasn't careful enough to tell the compiler to not use
Python 3 or QT 5.

Hope this helps.

H.