[QGIS-Developer] Separate namespaces for QGIS-LTR and QGIS (3)

Carlo A. Bertelli (Charta s.r.l.) carlo.bertelli at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 02:54:20 PST 2018

Sorry for rewinding the thread to where it started.
Provided that users can benefit from keeping the last stable release and an
LTR both installed, do you think that this is up to the specific platform
to handle this (OsGeo4W does it already) or a more general solution can be
provided?
The LTR will be on version 2 for several months, so I suggest the libraries
could use a different namespace. Is this an acceptable solution? Are there
alternatives.