[QGIS-Developer] proj5 and epsg:3857 ?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Mar 9 03:19:09 PST 2018

Hi All,

I second that: not blaming anybody here. This happens in the real world.

My point was that I think as QGIS we can 'hide' this issue by not using
5.0.0 'yet' in the osgeo4w package.

I will happily use/test whatever is available in Debian sid  :-)

Also tried Kristian's fix.

For QGIS users: QGIS does not use the epsg file provided by your proj
install, but a srs.db:
 {QGISINSTALLDIR}/share/qgis/resources/srs.db

I edited (using DB browser) and removed the "+nadgrids=@null" clause
from the epsg:3857 line.
Checked by looking into the srs chooser of QGIS and seeing that it was
indeed not visible anymore.

But it does not seem a 100% hack with me. While more near the 'real'
place, it is still 150m off?

Regards and thanks for all the work on Proj: one of the corner stones of
QGIS!!

Richard Duivenvoorde