[QGIS-Developer] proj5 and epsg:3857 ?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 16:18:52 PST 2018

On 9 March 2018 at 19:39, Kristian Evers <kreve at sdfe.dk> wrote:
> All,
>
> Just to follow up on this, since I am the one to blame for this error to show up.

Kristian -- just to add my 2c here, there's absolutely NO-ONE who can
blame you for this mistake, please do not beat yourself up over this!
I'm sure there's not a single developer who hasn't been responsible
for at least one serious bug in release software. It's just the nature
of the job, and even more so when the software involved is such a
complex and esoteric area as that handled by proj.

(Heck... you could easily have bluffed your way around this with some
explanation about temporal datum shifts and the like and claimed that
the proj5 results are "real world accurate" or something, and no-one
would have been able to call you out ;)

Keep up the great work in this critical, yet underappreciated and
under-funded part of our ecosystem. It's very much appreciated and
valued by everyone who knows the work you do.

Nyall