[QGIS-Developer] Compiling Qwt for qgis3/qt5

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 16:20:55 PST 2018

On 9 March 2018 at 22:24, Richard Duivenvoorde <rdmailings at duif.net> wrote:
> On 09-03-18 12:38, Andrew Brooks wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> The docs state
>>    Qwt >= 5.0 & (< 6.1 with internal QwtPolar)
>> Can you be more explicit about exactly which version of Qwt (and
>> QwtPolar) to use?
>>
>> Most versions of Qwt don't build with Qt-5.
>> QwtPolar doesn't seem to build at all.
>>
>> Any advice regarding building Qwt?  Thanks!
>
> Unless you really need it, you can build without QwtPolar:
> -DWITH_QWTPOLAR=OFF
>
> I'm on Debian sid, then there is
> QWT Version 6.1.3
> and I do build without QWT

As far as I'm aware, all the release builds are made without QwtPolar
now. We wanted to strip out this dependency completely, but no-one was
interested in maintaining the part of code where it's used (the GPS
display widget) and doing this work. I don't think anyone's even
noticed yet that this widget isn't present in QGIS 3.0 ;)

Nyall