[QGIS-Developer] QGIS 3 OS X/macOS

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Mar 12 12:00:47 PDT 2018

Whee, William,

All good news! Congrats with all your life changes too :-)

Though not a Mac owner I've seen a lot of messages about it.

Thanks for this big step!

Is it an idea to put the .dmg file (together with the link to Python 3.6
on the QGIS Website, as 'offical mac installer'?
For the QGIS project it would be a good thing to have such an official
installer on the website.

Another big question (for Mac users), was if it is possible to provide a
'signed' installer. So question would be: IF we as OSGeo or QGIS could
arrange the key for you. Would it be a hassle to sign the installer? Or
are you in other ways reluctant to use this?

Again, thanks for this work.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde