[QGIS-Developer] QGIS 3 tools paths

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Mar 12 13:04:48 PDT 2018

Now that I'm getting a chance to try some things out with QGIS 3 - one big problem I see is there is no path configuration for various external tools, like GDAL, SAGA and GRASS.

The processing error log says SAGA is not found, though looking at the python code it should automatically find the bundled SAGA in the Mac app.

When I try to run a GDAL tool, I get a command not found error.  I see no way to configure where to find the GDAL tools.  I do see in the python code for processing that it references a /GdalTools/gdalPath setting if it doesn't find it bundled.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"We are at war with them. Neither in hatred nor revenge and with no particular pleasure I shall kill every ___ I can until the war is over. That is my duty."

"Don't you even hate 'em?"

"What good would it do if I did? If all the many millions of people of the allied nations devoted an entire year exclusively to hating the ____ it wouldn't kill one ___ nor shorten the war one day."

<Ha, ha> "And it might give 'em all stomach ulcers."

- Tarzan, on war